Cook Time: 25 minutes
This recipe makes 4 servings
Calories per serving 296, Protein 30g, Fat 14g, Carbs 14g, Fiber 4g
- 1 lbs Ground Beef (15.9 oz)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (2 oz)
- 1 Crown of Broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces (21.7 oz)
- 1 Tsp Ghee (0.2 oz)
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil (0.1 oz)
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced (0.1 oz)
- 1 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar (0.2 oz)
- 1/4 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper (0 oz)
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt (0.1 oz)
- 1 Serving Pepper (0 oz)
- 1 Tsp Arrowroot Starch (or flour)+ 1 teaspoon water* (0.1 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos (4.5 oz)
In a large skillet on medium-high heat, cook the ground beef with the diced onion. Once the beef is fully cooked, reduce the heat to warm.
While the beef and onion are cooking, steam the broccoli pieces. You can do this quickly on your stove by combing the broccoli pieces and 3/4 water in a covered pot. Cook on medium-high heat until broccoli is fork-tender. Strain the broccoli of excess water and set aside.
In a separate saucepan on medium heat, combine all sauce ingredients except the arrowroot starch (or flour) and water. Continue warming the sauce for about 2-3 minutes stirring/whisking often. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot and water and stir. Stir the white mixture into the sauce and continue stirring until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Assemble: Mix the broccoli with the beef in the skillet and pour the sauce over the mixture, a string to incorporate.