Prep Time: 5 min. Cook Time: 15 min
This recipe makes 10 servings.
Calories per serving 133 kcal. Protein 2.7 g, Fat 5.4 g, Carbs 19 g
- 1 1/2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Oat flour
- 2 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the cold butter cubes to the flour mixture and use a pastry cutter or two forks to cut the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add almond milk and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; the dough should be slightly sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead it a few times.
- Roll out the dough to about 1-inch thickness and use a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown.