Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 35 min
This recipe makes 6 servings.
Calories per serving 155 kcal. Protein 3.2 g, Fat 12 g, Carbs 11.5 g
- 1 lb Green beans, fresh, trimmed and blanched
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup low-sodium Chicken or Vegetable broth
- 1 cup Almond milk, unsweetened (or any milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsp Whole wheat flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crispy onion topping (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until translucent.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until they release their moisture and turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle whole wheat flour over the mushroom mixture and stir to combine.
- Slowly add chicken or vegetable broth and almond milk, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add blanched green beans to the skillet, tossing to coat them with the creamy mushroom sauce.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and, if desired, sprinkle with crispy onion topping.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.