Cook Time: 45 Minutes
This recipe makes 2 servings
Calories per serving 414, Protein 10g, Fat 17g, Carbs 60g, Fiber 17g
- 1/4 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt (0.2 oz)
- 1 Yellow Potato, unpeeled, chopped (7.6 oz)
- 2 Celery stalks, chopped with leaves (2.4 oz)
- 2 tsp Fresh Cilantro or 1/4 tsp Dried Cilantro
- 2 Carrots, chopped (4.6 oz)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (0.5 oz)
- 4 cloves of Garlic, Minced (0.4 oz)
- 1 1/2 tsp Curry Powder (0.3 oz)
- 4 cups Water (34.3 oz)
- 1 yellow onion (3.9 oz)
- 1 cup Lentils (7.1 oz)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin (0 oz)
Wash the lentils thoroughly by rubbing them gently in a bowl of cold running water. Continue to rinse until the water runs clear. Drain.
Add olive oil to a large saucepan or soup pan and heat over medium heat.
Then add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Saute a few minutes until the vegetables softened.
Add the remaining ingredients to the pot – potato, curry powder, salt turmeric, cumin, lentils, and 4 cups water.
If you are using fresh cilantro, wait until the end of the cooking to add them. If using dried cilantro, add it with the rest of the ingredients and bring the soup to a boil, skimming off any foam that appears on the surface.
Reduce the heat and simmer until the lentils are soft, about 30-45 minutes.
Season with salt to taste.